During this 3-day interactive training course you will implement various system administration functions in your own instance, which is a safe sandbox to perform fundamental administration and configuration tasks:
- Perform core configuration tasks.
- Work with UI Policies, Data Policies, UI Actions, Business Rules and Client Scripts.
- Use the Mobile Platform.
- Activate Plugins.
- Add users, groups, and roles.
- Manage data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets.
- Work with two key Process Applications: Knowledge Base and Service Catalog.
- Create Workflow activities and approvals.
- Configure Alerts and Notifications.
- View Upgrade History and Status.
- Control System Access and Data Security.
- Create Baseline Performance Metrics.
- Run Reports, configure SLAs, and perform Instance Branding and Customization.
- Integrate social IT elements and learn best practices. We weave a scenario throughout our course to present real world, relevant lab exercises. The 3-day class features lecture and group discussions, as well extensive hands-on practice and reinforcement delivered in a wide variety of labs, tech talks, and a comprehensive case study. Click here to view the entire course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new ServiceNow System Administrators, those who are 0-3 months into a new deployment.
The Foundations online learning course has six modules which introduce the ServiceNow platform and interface, where you explore what you can do on the platform. Class Schedule (includes 1 hour lunch break)- 3 days.
Service now Advanced Administration
Are you administering a ServiceNow system and need to fine-tune features based on your organization's needs? Want to learn how to automate more of your company processes? This two-day course provides hands-on practice for implementing new workflows and changing system settings.
Best Practices around a core set of ServiceNow applications are detailed and applied to course work.
Starting with a Requirements document, students implement workflows and system enhancements to a
ServiceNow system that has been in production for approximately 6-12 months.
A compelling story is woven throughout the course content and lab work to help students learn to:
- Capture class work in update sets to understand their purpose and movement.
- Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows.
- Coordinate Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables.
- Create and link Content Management System (CMS) content blocks and pages to present a menu of services to ServiceNow users.
- Use a database view and trend data to do reporting. Field color assignment and security controls are discussed in relation to reporting.
- Implement a Web Services integration and learn about the possible data paths into ServiceNow.
- Set system controls that direct the right data to the right users at the right time.
- Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues.
Who should attend:
This course is designed for ServiceNow administrators and consultants who maintain ServiceNow systems that have been in production for approximately 6-12 months and successfully passed the System
- Certified System Administrator
- scripting in ServiceNow is highly recommended Course Details:
- 2 day, Onsite Instructor Led training course
Scripting in Service Now
During this interactive training course you will perform scripting functions in your own instance. This will provide a safe sandbox for practicing and becoming comfortable with both client side and server side scripting, including UI policies, business rules, and best practices.
The course content and lab work help students learn to:
- Determine when it is appropriate to script
- Configure a ServiceNow instance for Scripting
- Write, test, and debug client side scripts
- o Client Scripts o UI Policies o UI Scripts
- Write, test, and debug server side scrip
- Business Rules
- UI Actions
- Script Actions
- Workflow Scripts
- Scheduled Jobs
- Develop Scripting best practices
- Write, test, and debug Script Includes
- On Demand Functions
- Server side
- Manage Events
Who should attend?
Experienced ServiceNow System Administrators wishing to extend the functionality of their instance. We recommend that you have a minimum of 3-6 months of experience with the ServiceNow platform and have attended the System Administration course. System Administration certification is preferred.
SERVICE NOW ONLINE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT:
1) INTRODUCTION TO SERVICENOW TRAINING
- Introduction to service now instances & Process
- SNC Navigations
- SNC Applications and Modules
- Forms, Lists and Tables
2) BASIC FORMS AND LIST MODIFICATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
- Personalizing Forms
- Creating new sections in forms
- Personalizing Lists and List controls
- Introduction to Different types of Fields
- Dependent choice field creation
3) CONFIGURING USERS AND GROUPS AND ADMINISTRATION
- Roles tagging to users and groups
4) TABLES & COLUMNSAND ADMINISTRATION
- Introduction, schema map, creating tables adding fields etc.
- Auditing tables and fields
- Skipping a field from Auditing
- Recovering deleted data
5) APPLICATIONS AND MODULESAND ADMINISTRATION
Creating and modifying applications and modules and other related activities of Servinow admin Limiting access of Applications and modules to specific set of roles
6) INTRODUCTION ON DIFFERENT MODULES
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Change Management and it’s workflows
- Servicenow Training developer Level Management
7) CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Different types of change requests and their significance
- Change Types and Respective workflows
- Risk Assessment Plugin activation
- Risk Questionnaires configuration and defining thresholds and conditions
- Approvals debugging in workflows
- Creating Dynamic approvals
8) SERVICE LEVEL MANAGEMENT
- SLA definitions and triggering conditions
- SLA schedules
- Excluding and Including holidays in Schedules
- Retroactive start usage in SLA
- SLA workflow and Notifications on breach
9) SERVICENOW TRAINING CATALOG
- Introduction to Items and Categories
- Record Producers
- Introduction to Variables and Variable Sets.
- Creating workflows
- Associating workflows to Items
10) EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS AND EVENTS
- Email notification creation(when to trigger, whom to trigger, What content to send)
- Templates utilization in email notification
- Events creation
- Email notification through events
- Email notification in workflow via notification and events
- Send to event creator usage
- Email Inbound and Outbound server properties setting
- Debugging mail sending issues
11) IMPORT SETS AND TRANSFORM MAPS
- Data load through excel
- Transform Mapping(Auto and Manual mapping)
- Transform Scripts to restrict inserts and update
- Data source creation (FTP,JDBC,LDAP,files like excel,csv)
- Utilizing data source in Data loads
- Scheduled Imports
12) CMDB AND DISCOVERY
- CMDB purpose in incident & problem & change request
- CMDB classes structure
- Data load using import sets into CMDB
- CMDB relationships creation
- Different ways how data come into CMDB(importsets,discovery,3rd party CMDB integration)
- Discovery purpose
- Help the helpdesk in ServiceNow
- How to enable Discovery in Snow
- Client Side scripting
- Client Scripts (Intro, How to write and use)
- UI Policy (Intro, How to write and use)
- Server Side scripting
- UI Action (Intro, How to write and use)
- Business Rules and Global Business Rules (Intro, How to write and use)
- Script Include
14) UPDATE SET
- Creating an update set
- Using an update set
- Creating update source
- Retrieving update sets
- Moving changes between instances
- Errors skipping and checking
- Advantages and best practices
15) REPORTS, GAUGES AND HOMEPAGE
- Creating Quick reports from lists
- Creating Reports, Gauges and Homepages
- Various types of reports and usage
- Using Script Includes in reports
- Scheduling reports
- Report Administration
16) INBOUND EMAIL ACTIONS
17) ACCESS CONTROL RULES (ACL)
18) MID SERVER INSTALLATION
- Mid Server setup download
- MID Server configurations
- Running MID servernow Training
- Debugging MID server issues
19) SSO AND LDAP BASICS AND PROCESS
- Purpose of SSO and LDAP
- SSO considerations and requirements basics
- SSO properties configurations
- LDAP server configurations
- LDAP OU definitions, Data Sources and Transforms
20) BEST PRACTICES IN SERVICE NOW
21) MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION LIKE DIFFERENT VERSIONS AND DIFFERENCES
our services RADHIKA Technosoft, a pioneer in software training has brought monumental changes in the methods and services offered. We're not an organization who puts across implausible claims. Since our inception, our services are exactly what we promised. On a given note, our service offerings are Online training, Corporate training, Certification, Web development and Job support.
our courses RADHIKA Technosoft is one of the trusted training institutes that offer online training for WEBSPHERE, SAP, ORACLE, PROFESSIONAL COURSES, works with a mission to make online software learning easier for all the students across the world.